SEA ISLE BOULEVARD PROJECT:
Traffic has been switched-over to the north (elevated) side of the causeway; and work has begun on the south side of the roadway. Traffic will remain on the north side of the causeway until completion of the roadwork. The current schedule is to complete the roadwork for the new causeway prior to the 2019 summer season. Motorists are advised to be aware of the revised traffic patterns in the construction zone and the reduced speed limit.
CLICK HERE to Read More about the Boulevard Elevation Work Schedule
CITY COUNCIL'S NEXT MEETING:
The next regular City Council meeting will take place on Tuesday, June 26 at 10:00 a.m. in Council Chambers on the third floor of City Hall.
To receive Sea Isle City's E-Newsletters, E-Alerts and Reverse 9-1-1 Calls, click the "Register for City News" link above.
CLICK HERE for Sea Isle City's June 21, 2018 E-Newsletter
The City of Sea Isle City is hiring seasonal employees for the summer of 2018 in the Department of Public Works. Applicants must be at least 18 years old. For additional information, phone (609) 263-6000, ext. 17. To apply, click the "Summer Employment Application" link below. Mail application to City Hall, Attn: DPW-VRUT, 233 JFK Boulevard, Sea Isle City, NJ 08243; or fax to (609) 263-9972.
Summer Employment Application
Master Plan Re-Examination Update:
The Master Plan re-examination report was adopted by the City’s Planning Board on August 14, 2017. In previous reviews by City Council of the re-examination report, council members were in agreement to move forward and prioritize several of the recommendations contained within the report, including…
• Evaluate satellite parking lots
• Increase requirements for residential and mixed-use parking
Parks, Recreation & Open Space:
• Recommend a professional facility study be performed on the former Public School Building (this should have a high funding priority)
• Demolish the Old Fire House on West Jersey Avenue and use that space to augment recreation or parking
• Perform a study to determine the feasibility and funding for a kayak and paddleboard launch and storage area at Dealy Field – and also adding a boardwalk along the bay for educational nature trails
Storm Water Management:
• Prepare a comprehensive Flood Control Plan in partnership with the County to address flooding issues
• Work with Federal, State and County government to address bay flooding solutions
• Formalize a designated person, who will work directly with the business community and Chamber of Commerce to achieve common goals
Master Plan Re-Examination Draft:
CLICK HERE to view the adopted Master Plan Re-Exam Report (August 2017).
Master Plan Re-Examination Survey:
In 2015, Sea Isle City created a survey as part of the Master Plan Re-Examinatino Process. The results from that survey are available in a 21-page document. The Master Plan Re-Examination is still underway, and the results from the survey are a useful tool for that process.
CLICK HERE to view the survey results.