City Council's Message
June 30, 2022
At the start of the June 28 City Council meeting, Mayor Desiderio reported that, in-line with the Administration’s annual policy, the City has halted its municipal construction projects until the autumn so not to interfere with everyone’s summer enjoyment. The Mayor also stated that the City’s work force is over 300-strong during the summer season – and that our municipal employees are working hard to ensure that everyone has a good year ahead.
Two ordinances were introduced with first reading on June 28:
Ordinance 1684, which was written to establish a 10 MPH speed limit along the promenade and to regulate electric / motorized bicycles, scooters, surreys and skate boards.
Ordinance 1685, which was written to amend the laws regarding Recreation activities and fees.
Both of these ordinances will have second reading and possible adoption during the July 12 City Council meeting.
Each of the Resolutions on the June 28 Consent Agenda was approved, including:
• Resolution 109, which authorized a Professional Services Contact with City Solicitor Paul Baldini, not to exceed $250,000.
• Resolution 110, which authorized a Professional Services Contract for Auditing and Accounting services, with Ford Scott & Associates, not to exceed $46,000.
• Resolution 112, which ratified a Memorandum of Agreement between the City and Communication Workers of America Local 1036 Supervisors of Public Works, for the term of January 1, 2022, through December 31, 2023, subject to presentation and adoption of a contract in conformance of same.
• Resolution 113, which authorized a Shared Services Agreement between the Cities of Sea Isle City and Ocean City for Business Administrator / Engineering services.
• Resolution 114, which authorized a Shared Services Agreement between the Cities of Sea Isle City and Ocean City for Construction Official services.
During the New Business portion of the June 28 meeting, City Council nominated Mary Tighe to be City Council President from July 1, 2022, through June 30, 2023.
The next City Council meeting takes place on Tuesday, July 12, at 10:00 AM on the third floor of City Hall – and we hope to see you there!
Council President Jack Gibson