During the November 28 City Council meeting, Ordinance 1708 was Introduced with First Reading. This ordinance was written to adjust fees for Sea Isle City’s Department of Community Services – specifically raising the merchandise and food vendor fee for the Division of Tourism’s Skimmer Festival and Fall Family Festival from $100 to $125, and creating a $75 annual fee for the use of a berth at the Division of Recreation’s Kayak Storage Racks at Dealy Field. Ordinance 1708 will have Second Reading and Public Hearing (and possible adoption) during the December 26 City Council meeting.
Each of the resolutions on the November 28 Consent Agenda was approved, including…
• Resolution 194, which authorized the issuance of a License to Conduct Amusement Games to Boardwalk Casino Entertainment, at 4200 Boardwalk.
• Resolution 195, which authorized the issuance of a License to Conduct Amusement Games to Island Breeze Casino, at 3700 Boardwalk.
• Resolution 196, which designated the official newspapers for Sea Isle City publications: Ocean City Sentinel, Press of Atlantic City, and Cape May County Herald.
• Resolution 197, which authorized the execution of a Shared Services Agreement with the County of Cape May for Snow/Ice Mitigation and Removal.
• Resolution 200, which authorized Mayor Desiderio to execute a contract between the City and Police Chief Anthony Garreffi.
• Resolution 201, which authorized the New Jersey Department of Community Affairs’ Winter Termination Program, which prevents the discontinuation of water-sewer service through the time period of November 15 through March 15.
Our next regular City Council meeting will take place at 10:00 AM on Tuesday, December 12, on the third floor of City Hall – and we hope to see you there!
Best regards from the members of City Council,
Council President J.B. Feeley