Clerks Office FAQ's

No answers matched your search
How do I register to vote?

This link will give you access to the form or you can pick up a physical copy of the form from the Clerk’s office.

How do I request a mail in ballot?

This link will give you access to the form or you can pick up a physical copy of the form from the Clerk’s office.

How do I apply for a vital record?

Vital records are available in the municipality where the event occurred.  You will need to fill out a vital record request form and provide government issued photo id with copies of all supporting documentation (if applicable).

*Please note, New Jersey law protects and restricts the release of vital records.  Vital records are not public records and cannot be searched online.

Do I need an appointment to apply for a marriage license and what is required?

Appointments are not required but you will need to call the office to make sure they are open on the day you wish to apply (609) 263-4461 extension 1200. To apply you will need: the couple that are getting married, a witness over the age of 18, drivers licenses, officiant information and divorce information (if applicable).

Can I get married on the beach and is a permit required?

Yes, you can get married on the beach but if your ceremony is during the beach tag season please be aware that beach tags are required and receptions are prohibited.  For further information regarding beach ceremonies please contact the Clerk’s office (609) 263-4461 Extension 1200.

How much are dog licenses and what are the requirements to get one?

If spayed or neutered the license is $5.20, if not spayed or neutered $8.20. You will need to provide proof of rabies vaccination and the vaccination expiration date needs to be valid 10 months past the date of applying for the license.

What form of payment does the Clerk’s Office accept?

You can pay by check or cash only.

When does the sale of parking permits start?

Parking permits go on sale the first working day in April.

How many parking permits do you sell and what is the cost?

The sale of seasonal parking permits is limited to 450 permits at a cost of $350.00 and the short term parking permits are unlimited and cost $80.00 for an eight consecutive day permit.

Can I purchase a parking permit on the weekends?

No, they are only available on weekdays but you can mail in the application with payment and arrangements will be made for permit pickup.

Where can parking permits be used?

Parking permits can be used at any metered parking space, but the 15 minutes parking spaces can only be used for 15 minutes only.  Overnight parking at the Cape May County Library is prohibited.

What are the office hours?

The office is open Monday through Friday between the hours of 8:30 am until 4:30 pm.

When does the rental permit late fee take effect?

Rental permit application, Self-Inspection form and payment of $150.00 is due annually by May 1st with a 30 day grace period.  On June 1st the $50.00 late fee takes effect.

When are business mercantile licenses due?

Business mercantile license application, Initial/Renewal Mercantile Application and payment of $150.00 is due annually by May 1st with a 30 day grace period.  After June 1st the $50.00 late fee takes effect.

Do I need a permit to rent my property?

In accordance with Ordinance 11-4.3: Rental without permit is prohibited and it shall be a violation for any person to rent or offer for rent a dwelling unit that does not have a rental permit.  It shall also be a violation of this section for a landlord of a rental dwelling unit to fail to obtain the proper rental license. Any person who violates the provision of this chapter shall be required to obtain a rental license and shall be liable, upon conviction, to present a valid rental license for the rental dwelling unit to the Court and to pay a penalty between $500 and $1,000 

Do I need a permit to have a yard sale?

In accordance with Ordinance 4-5.3 a permit is required which includes all general sales, open to the public, conducted from or on a premises for the purpose of disposing of personal property including, but not limited to, all sales entitled "flea market," "lawn," "garage," "attic," "porch," "room," "yards," "rummage," "estate," or "demolition" sale. Official and governmental sales are excluded.  A Garage and Yard sale form must be submitted five days in advance of sale and there is a fee of $2.00 for each permit.

General Information
Municipal Clerk & Registrar of Vital Statistics
Shannon Romano
Deputy Clerk & Deputy Registrar of Vital Statistics
Erika MacMurray
Clerk Typist II
Michele Morrissey
233 John F. Kennedy Blvd.
Sea Isle City,